ATLANTA GA AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER
Ferguson & Ferguson
Attorneys at Law
Our Atlanta automobile accident lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson dedicate and focus their legal practice on individuals who have suffered serious personal injury and families of loved ones who have died as a result of another’s negligence. We handle all types of motor vehicle accidents, but our primary focus is trucking and motorcycle accidents. Our motorcycle and trucking attorneys specialize in complex injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and all other serious and catastrophic injuries caused by truck and motorcycle accidents. Ferguson & Ferguson fights for people who have suffered serious personal injuries. Our team of Atlanta, Georgia automobile accident attorneys prepare, research and investigate every case. Together, Atlanta automobile, trucking and motorcycle injury attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 45 years of collective experience. Our knowledge and experience of trucking laws result in the best possible outcome of our clients’ accident cases. Call now for your no obligation, Free Consultation with one of our car accident lawyers. We also offer the only Lowest Fee Guarantee in Alabama. If you are unable to come to our office, we can visit you at your home or hospital room. Call 1-800-752-1998 or 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Atlanta car accidents and trucking accidents are common both on I-75, I-85 and on local city streets. I-75 is a 355 mile section of the interstate that passes through the cities of Atlanta, Dalton, Macon, Marietta and Valdosta. Beginning in the extreme north west corner of Georgia, I-75 passes through the Tennessee border at Chattanooga and interchanges with I-59 for traffic heading east or west. It then makes a straight shot south through Atlanta where it intersects in full interchanges with I-20 and I-85. I-75 meets the northern loop of I-285 and branches off south east and south west around Atlanta. Just south of Atlanta I-75 meets the southern part of this giant loop as I285 and I-75 interchange just outside of Atlanta. Driving through metro Atlanta Interstate 85 meets up with I- 75 and I-20 to form the downtown connector where you’ll encounter some of the most congested and dangerous sections of the interstate system in America today. Atlanta is right in the middle of one of the most traveled trucking corridors in the country. Many travelers and truckers from the north travel the corridor from Nashville and Chattanooga through Atlanta to south Georgia or into Florida. Busy interstates in Birmingham, Nashville and Atlanta process hundreds of thousands of vehicles per day, and see numerous catastrophic accidents each day. Interstate I-75 and I-85 are some of the busiest interstates in the country, and processes more than 500,000 vehicles each day. Many of these trucking, tractor trailer and semi accidents are caused by weather conditions, distracted drivers, speeding drivers, drunk drivers, fatigued drivers and aggressive drivers. Many of the Atlanta trucking accidents cause significant injuries or deaths.
Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta
Thousands are injured each year in car accidents in Georgia. There are various causes of a Atlanta car crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation has an effect on driving similar to impaired driving. Slow reaction time, ability to make sound decisions and falling asleep behind the wheel are signs of sleep deprived driving.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country. Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents because drivers have less time to slow down to prevent a crash.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Georgia.
What to do After An Auto Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- time away from work,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- rental car expenses,
- medical bills,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced auto accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your car accident claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help Accident Victims
A automobile and trucking accident that results in serious injury or devastating loss has the potential to change your future forever, physically, financially, and emotionally. When you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Atlanta, Georgia that was caused by another person’ or company’s negligent actions, you need an auto accident attorney you can trust to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Not all Georgia personal injury law firms are equal. The law firm that you hire for your serious injury or wrongful death claim will determine the results you achieve for your case. Unlike most personal injury firms, consultations for severe injury cases are done by our lawyers, not an investigator, receptionist, case manager or paralegal. We are not a law firm that practices a multitude of areas of law where no specialty or expertise exists. Ferguson & Ferguson is distinguished from other law firms because most of our cases involve car accidents or injuries. Our expertise and reputation results in the maximum settlement or verdict for the accident victims we represent. An experienced trucking and automobile accident attorney can help you recover damages for your medical treatment, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other accident related expenses. The amount of money you are entitled to depends on the severity of the injury and how the injury occurred. At the personal injury law firm of Ferguson & Ferguson, we are committed to helping our Atlanta clients navigate the complex personal injury litigation process. In every trucking case, we seek to prevail for our clients by maximizing their compensation. This includes limiting our case load to a select few at any given time, so we can fully address all issues of a case. Our case results reflect this philosophy and the monetary recoveries we have obtained for our clients in the form of verdicts and settlements. An experienced car accident attorney can help you protect your rights and ensure all of the issues of your case are addressed. Ferguson & Ferguson understands the types of compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death. We fight for our Atlanta, Georgia clients rights’ and have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in past cases.
Serving all of Georgia
We have offices conveniently located in Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama. An attorney can meet with you at our Decatur or Huntsville office locations or arrange to meet you at your home or hospital, or any other convenient location. If you need an automobile accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, Huntsville, Decatur, Cullman or Athens, Alabama, call us today.
Free Consultations/Never a Fee Unless We Win
At Ferguson & Ferguson, all of our auto cases are handled on a contingency fee arrangement, sometimes known as a no win, no fee arrangement. For all of our car accident clients, we offer a free attorney consultation, either over the phone, at our office, or at your home or hospital room. If we represent you in your car accident case, we will not charge any up-front retainers or fees. We advance all costs on your behalf, and we are only paid if and when a settlement or verdict is reached. In the event we represent you and are unable to recover a verdict or settlement, you will owe nothing. We represent victims of automobile accidents throughout the State of Georgia. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Call now 256-534-3435 or 1-800-752-1998. We are here to help.